Going with the theme of Year of the Nice Guy, here’s some advice from the nicest guy in Bon Temps: Bill Compton, the gentlemen vampire from the True Blood series. Sure, he has his moments of violence, but it’s only when protecting the one he loves. Overall, he’s a pretty nice guy. For vamps. Let’s hear what he has to say about love.
1. Don’t worry about your own personal safety. If you are kidnapped, your partner will surely rescue you. Every time.
2. Lying is key to a healthy relationship.
3. Be possessive of your partner. Refer to them as “MINE!”
4. Secrets are great things to keep from your partner.
5. Never tell your partner to help you through difficult times.
6. Get aggressive and start fights with anyone who so much even glances at YOURS!.
7. In relationships, trust is optional.
8. Don’t explain your actions.
9. Put your partner in harm’s way.
10. Blame Eric.
Bill Compton is, in his own words, “Not a puppay dohg!” He is 174. He is king of Louisiana. Sookie is the love of his life.