You know that
jerk guy you’ve been dating that your friends keep telling you you’re better than, deserve better than, look better than, are more literate than, etc? In case you didn’t know, your girlfriends don’t lie, Ya-Ya!
So hey, if you recognize these traits, then you’re probably dating a jerk:
1. He tells you you could stand to lose a few pounds because he is clearly Mario Lopez and he clearly has room to talk as he orders a triple bacon cheeseburger with three sides of ranch. Extra fries and extra ranch for those fries.
2. He doesn’t bring you around friends, family, co-workers, public crowds, or daylight. Someone has a secret, or a wife.
3. He asks which of your friends you would have a threesome including himself as the third wheel in this alleged threesome.
4. Says whatever he wants about your friends or family because he a) has no filter or b) has no respect. I don’t care who your friends and family are, what their lifestyles are like or how rude they can be, but a guy you’re dating should be respectful of people in your life at all times unless you give him permission to name call.
5. Calls you dude or bro and says he is just so used to calling his dudes or bros “dude” or “bro,” that he forgets you aren’t one of his dudes or bros.
6. Doesn’t take the time to ask you what you like/want/need during sex and thinks the 15 seconds of stimulation he gives you is enough.
7. Airs his personal life and posts immature comments about his ex on Facebook because they aren’t friends anymore online. You think it’s funny? Just wait until you get deleted. It won’t be so funny.
8. He ignores your texts or calls because he is “busy” for a whole day or a week. Unless he is literally traveling to the moon, in a body cast or in jail, no one is too busy to kindly say they are busy and will get back to you later. It’s common courtesy.
9. He comments on your roommates boobs and how nice they are to you, his girlfriend. Jerk.
10. Is 22, has two kids from two different girls, isn’t with either one of them and doesn’t pay child support let alone know their birthdays. Talk about Daddy issues.
Have you dated a jerk? Have any of your friends told you they don’t like your boyfriend or have you had to have “the talk” with a friend? What was the outcome? Do tell!
Tweet me @JessicaDruck
Photo found on http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3173518266424&set=a.27488110… (because our CAO really loves Little Rascals)