Listen, I am a sap when it comes to movies. True story. I love a great rom-com, swoon-at-heart breaking dramas and don’t even get me started at period romantic dramas. My love knows no bounds for a Jane Austen or any Bronte sister mini-series.
But here is the problem, although they are great entertainment they f*ck us up when it comes to dating and relationships. We get so caught up in our favorite movies and tv shows that we start to really think that is how life and love works. It doesn’t.
We introduced this feature when we started (and no one was reading us, can you believe it?) And are bringing it back because well…it is awesomesauce. ” A regular feature of movies that display a much more realistic view of how the intricate world of love works. I am not saying they are real, but they are at least not going to have you believing that relationships end with the first kiss. Wouldn’t it be boring if they did?
This week is my all time favorite romantic comedy. It is definitely old school, but yet timeless. When Harry Met Sally.
Can men and women remain friends without sex getting in the way? Nora Ephron’s episodic screenplay introduces womanizing, neurotic Harry (Billy Crystal) and ambitious, equally neurotic Sally (Meg Ryan) as chums who resist sexual attraction to maintain their friendship – a relationship always teetering on the brink of love. As the two draw closer, the question resurfaces: can they stay just pals? Carrie Fisher (that’s right – Princess Lea) and Bruno Kirby co-star.
Here are three reasons When Harry Met Sally won’t f*ck you up:
1. Relationship built from years of awesome (and not always awesome) friendship. The real ups and downs.
2. I love that Meg Ryan is cute but has real “stuff” and Billy Crystal is your average looking, but great guy. It takes all kinds…
3. I have seen this movie at least 30 times and I still get caught up at how real the scenes feel. There is so much being told in this story.
Hope you enjoy it and feel free to email me to send in your suggestions for other movies.
Share and Enjoy
Other posts you might like...
- Movies That Won’t Eff You Up: Once
- Movies that won’t eff you up: Garden State
- Movies That Won’t Eff You Up: Forget Me Not
- Movies That Won’t Eff You up: Away We Go